Electrical Failure Cause Fire in Siloam Springs Home
Electrical failures were responsible for 46,700 home fires each year in 2015-2019 according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). These fires were responsible for an estimated $1.5 billion in direct property damage per year. If your Siloam Springs home is affected by an electrical fire, call SERVPRO of Springdale North, Southwest Benton County to restore your home.
Home fires caused by electrical failure involve some sort of arcing, which is caused by an unintentional discharge of electricity between conductors. These arc faults can produce enough heat to cause a fire. The most common sources of arc faults are worn out receptacles, damaged connectors, frayed appliance cords, loose connections in junction boxes, as well as faulty switches and receptacles.
Older homes with aging electrical systems are another source of arc faults. Normal wear and tear or systems that cannot handle the greater demand of electricity from modern appliances are a couple of the reasons.
The three most common areas for home electrical fires to originate is the kitchen, the bedroom, and followed by the ceiling/attic space. These three areas account for 41% of the home fires involving electrical failure. It is thought that electrical fires are more prominent in these rooms because of the increased use of electricity by the oven or cooking range, space heaters and electric blankets.
If you experience a fire, SERVPRO of Fayetteville, Springdale, and North Washington County should be your first choice for any residential or commercial restoration needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assess the damage and potential threats, contain the affected area, dry, and restore your property to preloss condition. SERVPRO of Fayetteville, Springdale, and North Washington County is available 24/7 by calling 479-419-5544.