If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (479) 419-5544

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

House Fire Top Three Causes

10/28/2022 (Permalink)

Kitchen fire started by burnt food effecting ceiling, walls, and furniture Kitchen fire in this Bentonville home was started by food burnt on the stove

According to the National Fire Protection Association, the top three causes of residential house fires are cooking, heating equipment, and faulty wiring.  SERVPRO of Northwest Benton County wishes your family to be safe.  Being aware of the common causes of house fires and steps to prevent house fires will help ensure your family and home are safe.  If you experience a house fire, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Benton County to restore your home.

The number one cause of house fires is unattended cooking.  Stay in the room while you are cooking. Have another adult stay in the room to watch over your food if you cannot stay in the room the entire time.  Remember to use a timer when cooking food for long periods of time.

Accidents do happen so be prepared by having a residential fire extinguisher on hand.  Fire extinguishers should be placed on every level of your house, especially in the kitchen and garage. You should know how to properly use a fire extinguisher.

The second leading cause of house fires is heaters.  As the weather turns colder, we use heaters to warm our houses. Space heaters can be extremely dangerous.  They should be used to heat only a small portion of your house. Keep your space heater away from items like curtains, laundry, blankets, and furniture that could easily catch fire.  Having a professional inspect your furnace before the cold weather sets in is a great way to stay prepared.

Your home’s wiring likely isn’t something that you think about often. However, faulty wiring is a potential way for a house fire to start. There are common signs that can help you indicate if your house’s wiring isn’t working correctly like if the lights dim when you use another appliance, if you are only able to use one appliance at a time, and frequently blown fuses.

If you experience a fire, SERVPRO of Northwest Benton County should be your first choice for any residential or commercial restoration needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assess the damage and potential threats, contain the affected area, dry, and restore your property to preloss condition.  SERVPRO of Fayetteville, Springdale, and North Washington County is available 24/7 by calling 479-419-5544.

Other News

View Recent Posts